After careful consideration, we have decided that the 2020 Sioux Falls Skedaddle will become a Virtual Run.
The health and safety of our participants, staff and community is our top priority.
Recent recommendations made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on 3/15/2020 have placed restrictions on events and mass gatherings of 50 or more people that occur within the next 8 weeks.
Because we have runners who were planning to travel to Sioux Falls from all around South Dakota and the Midwest, we don’t want to delay making and announcing this decision any longer than necessary.
We know that many of you have been training diligently as you look forward to gathering for race day, so it took a lot of discussion (and a fair amount of heartache) for us to reach the conclusion that it was in everyone’s best interest to modify the day.
Our community is strong and resilient. We can and will get through this, together.
So, what is a virtual run and how will it work?
1. Complete the Virtual Run. Complete a 13.1-mile run from April 26th – May 11th at any location of your choosing and submit your time online anytime before Monday, May 11th at 11:59pm. Division winners will receive awards for normal categories.
Also, consider joining the Pink Gorilla Events Strava club to stay active during this time, stay social and cheer on your fellow Skedaddle runners!
2. Packet Pickup and SWAG. You have two options to receive your race packets and SWAG. Select from either the In-Person Packet Pickup or Packet Shipping.
Option 1: Drive Thru In-Person Packet Pickup (Please note that due to lightning forecasted for our original date, that we have rescheduled for Sunday, May 17th.)
Our Drive Thru In-Person Packet Pickup will follow social distancing best practices to keep you as safe as possible. Here are the details:
When: Saturday May 17, 2020 from noon – 8pm. You received a recommended arrival time via email on 5/8/2020.
Where: Kirkby-Over Stadium West Lot at Augustana University, 1530 West 37th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57197 (See Arrival Map).
How: Please read and follow these instructions to make the Drive Thru In-Person Packet Pickup as safe and efficient as possible.
- Arrive at the Packet Pickup location via the exact route shown in the arrival map. Enter from W. 37th Street only.
- Please stay in your car. Packet Pickup will follow a first-in, first-out single file drive-thru format similar to a fast food restaurant.
- Prior to arriving, use bib lookup and write down all of the bib numbers that you will be picking up. Tell or show our staff your bib number(s) upon arrival. You received your bib number by email on 5/8/2020.
- You may pick up packets for friends, but please try to limit total packets to 3 or less. If you pick up more than 3 packets, we will have you park for curbside pickup. You will not need a signed proxy form to pickup packets for others.
- Our staff will ask you to pop your trunk and will place your packets in your trunk. Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Help us spread out the arrivals by coming during your recommended arrival time window of which was emailed to you on 5/8/2020.
Option 2: Packet Shipping
If you prefer to have your packet and SWAG shipped or are unable to attend the Drive Thru In-Person Packet Pickup, we can ship you all of your selected items for a small fee of $5 – $9 depending on your package contents. You can place your order now using the instructions you were emailed on 5/8/2020. We anticipate shipping will begin approximately June 1st. You can request your packet be shipped up until May 31st at 11:59pm.
3. Brunch. All registered participants will receive gift certificates or vouchers in their race packet to The Cookie Jar, Coffea Roasterie, and other brunch merchants to use at a later date of your choosing. Thank you for supporting these amazing local businesses and the rest of our amazing sponsors that are supporting runners during this time!
As stated in our registration agreement, refunds will not be issued. We have also decided that, due to many factors, postponing or offering deferments to next year are not feasible for this race. We understand and appreciate that this may disappoint some of you. The funds for the event have already been spent in preparation for race day. We are a small organization and commit financially to the expenses related to a race well in advance of it. We are trying to make the decisions that are best for participants, volunteers, and sponsors, while keeping our organization in a position to provide races in the future.
We understand that you may have many questions about the event. We promise to keep this page updated with the most up-to-date information which should answer man y of the questions you may have. If you still have questions, we’re here for you. You can also always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for understanding and supporting Pink Gorilla Events, 605 Running Company, and local running during these challenging times.